#2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 05:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/179/142 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress:

Dear Flynnlee.
Thanks for the imput about the medicine. I have mail order medicine, so I don't know how long it will be before I get the cytomel. Did you ever take cytomel? If the cytomel doesn't work, I will ask for Armour....and it is CHEAP which would also be a bonus since we will soon be without our HIGH PRICED insurance ($620 per month).

I am 54 and have not had a period in almost 3 years. It just suddenly stopped, but I am a little anxious about any new side effects. I have a consistently low basal temp of about 97. so I am hoping that this will raise my temperature and THUS promote weight loss as after losing 8 lbs in two months on Atkins, I am at a stall. I love the beach and swimming but have become so self-concious in a bathing suit that I don't want company any more at our pool. I strive for to limit my carbs to 30 a day and my caloric intake falls between 1000 and 1250, so I am not eating too many calories either.

I found this website through Sparkpeople, which is a weight loss support group (costs $10 a year, a bargain compared to anything else) but the biggest bonus of that has been that someone linked me to this website. I have found so much comfort getting information and encouragement from others with this troublesome thyroid disease and obesity.

Thanks again for all your help and information.