Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 01:54
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicpecher
I feel energetic and my health is improving although I still haven't gotten my period back yet. I keep tweaking it too as I learn to trust my body more. Mostly I think it is important to ask yourself when you want to eat if you are truly hungry and if you are - give yourself permission to eat what you crave until you are satisfied(from the foods you have decided on)and if you aren't physically hungry then ask why you want to eat and find another way to satisfy that hunger. Calling a friend or taking a walk helps. If you still want to eat after that, go for it...Starving yourself will only backfire. When you aren't eating sugar etc. your body will tell you what it wants and when. But you have to listen or it will keep bugging you until you do.
-sarah

I love what you have said here sicpecher. It is soooo true. Sometimes I slip into the bad habits of eating disordered thinking by not letting myself eat when I'm hungry because I want to lose weight. This ONLY ends up with me binging on ice cream and other things! I absolutely HATE doing that....it's terrible. It affects my health in so many ways. So...I am vowing to FEED myself nutrients. Concentrate on listening to my body. It really does work! Once I start feeding myself good foods when my body asks for them everything else just falls into place. It is just so tempting to want to lose weight instead of just focusing on the health aspects.

*sigh*