View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 20:18

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

I did some last night. I don't mind handling them, but was feeling a bit lazy. So I did them in the oven, so I didn't have to watch them. I don't really use recipe's for stuff like that, just sort of think what would be nice with them. I did them last night at 200 deg cel (that's a hot oven) They took about 45m to 1 hr (they were defrosted). I put oil in the baking dish, probably enough to cover my hand, just to give you an idea how much. Then I put the chicken in, and sprinkled it with chinese five spice and garlic. Stirred them around a bit and put them in the oven. I probably would have put some ginger in too, but it was all gone.
I use grandma's method of telling when things were cooked. She used a wood stove and taught me that you used your nose. So when I could smell the chicken from across the room, I went and checked it and turned it over.
My theory is to try different ideas. I think you could do something nice with chicken and bacon as a casserole too. Sort of brown them together and then cook with some lighter flavoured vege's, stock and herbs. Experiment that's how you'll learn, and you're not likely to make something that's totally inedible. When you find what works for you, keep the idea and pull it out to impress people. After nearly 30years I've got about 5 fail proof meals that I can impress people with. Of course my family know the truth, that I'm actually not a very good cook
Well I hope that helps and you enjoy your chicken.
PS: If you cook them all at once, and want to freeze some, it's better if you have some sort of stock to freeze them in. That way they won't dry out in the freezer.