View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 16:57

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I'm eating 200-230g carbs/day . Moderators - please please please don't kick me off the forum! I'm still tweaking my diet. I want to gain muscle and keep the body fat about the same, although if I put on a little body fat I'm not worry about it since I cut easily. I drink a 60g carb whey protein/dextrose/maltodextrin shake post-workout on my weights days. I am experimenting with drinking a 1/2 shake after my cardio and having something light before my am cardio, since I am more concerned with preserving muscle than I am with losing fat. I'm also trying out just eating non-starchy veggies with dinner and pre-bed snack on the recommendation of everyone on a bb forum I'm on. I never want carbs (except dessert of course!) with dinner anyway.

I am leaning more toward a bodybuilding diet and have been spending some time on bb forums lately, but I really like the support here! Before doing BFL I was following The Schwarzbein Principle diet and eating 100-125g carbs and a whole lot more fat. But I have seen much better results (except in the taste of my meals) lowering the fat and increasing the protein and carbs. I don't crave carbs except fruit (mainly when I'm thirsty), but if I eat very low carb I am hungry, grumpy and have no energy. I do have a very high metabolism, am extremely active and have always eaten more than other women my size.

OK, sorry this turned into a big ramble. Hope there is some useful info in there somewhere after the first sentence.

Jen