View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 16:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Thanks for helpful suggestions, folks! I understand everyone's body is different, and some have had more success than I have with eating all the bacon, mayo, eggs, etc., they want. I DO want to improve my numbers and remain on this WOE with tasty food, so suggestions about recommended food changes/additions are welcome! :-)

And, contrary to what many may believe about their own doctors, I trust mine.
She's been right on the money with other things in the past, and she STRONGLY endorses the low carb, moderate protein, higher fat WOE. When I asked her point blank if I should reconsider this WOE, she said, "No way! It is working for you in most areas (weight, pulse, BP), and you've come too far! Stick with it. I'm proud of you."

She just thinks I should try to up my fiber, add some supplements like Chromium and extra Niacin and Calcium (my bloodwork showed I'm low in Bs and allergy tests show lactose issues), increase exercise from light to moderate 4-5 days a week, rather than 3, and decrease saturated fat (not all fat!) prior to medicating me.

And, I was just looking for some food/menu ideas and some other folks who may have had success with the above.

For those who wonder, I have been on this WOE for a long time (on and off for years, but faithfully for 3 months now with no breaks), and my doctor does want to try lowering sat fat--not all fat--b/c she's a firm believer in non-pill alternatives.

It is funny. So many who've responded are rather emotional. I didn't expect that. It seems some are even angry . . . and I don't know why . . . I'm just looking for help from the forum I turn to daily and hoping to make more positive, proactive changes in my life to eliminate multiple health risks (high cholesterol and obesity, for starters!) . . . I realize others may not believe in my doctor's ability or sensitivity--or in their own physician's--however, I hope my wanting to follow her advice and posting about my high cholesterol hasn't offended anyone.

Thanks!
Sue