View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 13:23
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

This was a great week in the gym. First of all, I hit all the workouts! I increased my Squat to 57.5 kg (126.5 lbs), which puts me only 2.5 kg shy of my goal for this Challenge. I think I'll probably be able to do at least 1 rep at goal weight by the end of next week. I also continued to consolidate my improvements in the Bench Press, although it remains to be seen if I'll be able to do 1 rep at 50 kg (121 lbs) by the end of next week.

My cardio continued to improve and I was able to raise all my running speeds on the 20 MAS yet again.

On the diet front, I finally had to do two things...(a) Stop trying to count calories and (b) Stop trying to re-establish ketosis. I was suffering from too much hunger and was starting to get a "binge" mentality on my free day, and I don't think that's a trend I want to encourage. As for the ketosis, because of my travels and general disruption over the past couple of weeks, I wasn't able to get back in quickly--lo and behold, I was able to work much more intensely on the weights, and even on the cardio. So this week I deliberately ate just enough carbs to stay out of ketosis, probably 100 - 150/day. Of course, I paid for it with a few pounds on the scale, but I feel so much better in the gym that I don't care about that. (And besides, I am into clothes that I could only dream about three months ago--just put up a picture in my gallery wearing a pair of jeans that I couldn't even get on before this Challenge.)

This was week 11 for me, and I felt fantastic leaving the gym today and realizing that there's only one more week to go, and that at this point it would take an act of God to keep me from finishing. My confidence has improved immensely--if that were the only benefit of BFL I would be thrilled. But of course, there are many more benefits than that.

Charging towards the final week....

Emily