View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 12:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

I have to say in some ways I agree with some of the things in this article. Low carb is a great WOL for me as it has helped me control my blood sugar and lose some weight, but...

Is eating a thin crust pizza or Atkins advantage bars or Stover's low carb chocolates actually helping us change the way we eat? NOT REALLY. All it does is allow us to replace one bad habit with another. 20 years ago I bought a book called SUGAR BLUES by William Duffy. It talks about how sugar and other over refined foods are harming our society. I'm reading it again. With all the low carb foods that are coming out, the same thing is happening again. Different poision, same shit.

You want to get healthy? Cut the refined foods out of your diet and find a new life style to replace your current one. Now, I'm no saint and do back slide but I'm trying. More exercise, changing my lunch hour habits, keeping no junk food around. When something is upsetting me, I try to figure it out and deal with it rather than turning to my old crutch, food. I want to encourge all the others who are taking this WOL seriously. It works.