#6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 09:55

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%
Default Zinc

Hi everybody -

thanks for all your posts on this. Sarah (pez) - I supplement with zinc orotate as it does not affect copper levels as much as other types of mineral transporters. I still eat quite a substantial amount of fruit, and feel much worse if I don't. I even eat bananas when I feel like them (like yesterday), although mostly I eat them before I play tennis. I eat a lot of eggs and goats cheese, and a lot of salad. I eat broccoli with butter, and I roast huge amounts of green beans in the oven with lots of olive oil and garlic. I have been known to eat 2 huge bags of green beans in one sitting. I know this is not paleo as green beans are a no-no, but I really like them and they contain a lot of vitamin K, which I seem to need a lot of (and they help my zits). I was looking at all the veggies I really like, and it turns out vit K is strong in all of them. Also they don't make me bloated which is also a good sign they are not causing me problems.

Hi Sarah (sicpecher) wow this is getting confusing - thanks for the list. I am thinking I don't actually get much of any of those foods, but maybe the tuna is a good option (they don't sell pumpkin seeds here). Also I should try eating more beef as I tend to eat more fish at the moment.

My bulimia has very much improved since I started to eat a more wider variety of stuff (i.e. more veggies and fruit) than on Atkins; in other words I have not been sick in a very long time. This leads me to think half the battle with bulimia is the chemical imbalance in the brain, as well as other psychological factors.

PMS is still a problem for me, but I have some chinese herbs which really help with the chocolate cravings and desire to binge at this time. Mostly it is the tension which leads me to these foods. I can even overeat on healthy stuff which does worry me, but this overwhelming desire to eat a lot at this time of the month does seem to go away when my period comes thank goodness.

Well thanks again everybody. I want some cheese.

Lou