View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 04:47

Plan: Low Carb Lifestye, Atkins
Stats: 515/474.5/180 Male 71 Inches
BF:Got Some
Progress: 12%

The person who wrote this and the people quoted are biased and wrong in my opinion.
Low Carb is NOT a fad, not to the core group who know it as a WOL all these new low carb products are wonderful for us, we know how to work the system, for the newbies they spell doom. We all know you cant loose weight eating low carb cupcakes and jellybeans. These are tools, treats for the occasional dalliance from protein and salad, when used in this fashion they are heaven but they arent for everyday or worse everymeal/everyday use.
I love knowing that I have a freezer full of low carb brownies, ice cream, cheesecake. I sleep better having the pantry stocked with sugarfree and low carb treats and sweets. Just knowing that these products are there, keeps me from cheating and when I do need to blow off a little steam I have some of them and then Im done, they dont set off days of carb bingeing. The first week I started low carbing I was drinking tons of diet soda, coffee and eating lots of cheese and meat. I was setting myself up for failure because I never even read the Atkins book or foodlist. I crashed hard, cheated for days and then got back on track, went to the low carb store, stocked up on products mentioned above and Ive been cheat free ever since, it took all the pressure off, it was like a life preserver in case of emergencies. Now when I "cheat" I have some low carb ice cream with some nuts and sugarfree syrup or some low carb chocolate, low carb crackers with cheese or some soy chips and sunflower seeds. You get the idea. So low carb products are great for the informed, kiss of death to the newbies. Embrace the new products, use them as a tool to the OWL and as a treat every now and then and you will be fine. As far as the people quoted in the above article, they strike me as Atkins haters, Low Carb is NOT a fad, not to the millions of people it has worked for, is working for. I dont know if low carb Doritos will be here in a year, but I know we will be here, working the magic that is low carb. I was skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer, the king of low carb, dont tell me this is a fad.