View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 23:27

Plan: paleo
Stats: 125/125/120 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Sarah-
I follow a raw-paleo diet...check out the book "the recipe for living without disease" if you want more info...
The author advocates raw dairy a lot but I follow his "weight loss" plan with no dairy though sometimes add more fat than he recommends for energy. Basically I eat 5-6x a day with 3-4 oz meat every 2.5-3.5 hours and add either a raw egg yolk or a few tsp virgin coconut oil (or avocado) to each meal plus in between the first 2 meals (about an hour after) I drink fresh green juice (a few stalks celery, some spinach, parsley etc.) with the pulp mixed in. If I want more I eat lots of cucumbers, lightly cooked broccoli or cauliflower (these should be cooked because they have chemicals which can affect your thyroid function but cooking nuetralizes them), red peppers and lots of mineral water/decaf green tea and regular water sometimes with lemon juice. My weight kinda takes care of itself eating this way, I have no mood swings, less irritable and I can think about things other than food. I feel energetic and my health is improving although I still haven't gotten my period back yet. I keep tweaking it too as I learn to trust my body more. Mostly I think it is important to ask yourself when you want to eat if you are truly hungry and if you are - give yourself permission to eat what you crave until you are satisfied(from the foods you have decided on)and if you aren't physically hungry then ask why you want to eat and find another way to satisfy that hunger. Calling a friend or taking a walk helps. If you still want to eat after that, go for it...Starving yourself will only backfire. When you aren't eating sugar etc. your body will tell you what it wants and when. But you have to listen or it will keep bugging you until you do.
-sarah