View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 19:53

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 145/108/112 Female 5'6
BF:pregnantEDD5/12/05
Progress: 112%
Default Week 1

Hopefully I will click the right button and send this post as a REPLY not a NEW THREAD, as I seem to be doing lately.

Week one was great...for the most part. My first 2 workouts and cardio days went wonderfully. I was pleased by how well I did with heavy weights and thought my body was handling it well. Also had great eat days and my usual desire to binge during the late evenings went down.

Until today! Woke up feeling dreadful!!!! Yesterday was the last day of my medication for a terrible kidney/bladder infection, and today I had a horrible reaction to the meds. Why the reaction happened after I was done taking the medication, I have no clue. My skin turned bright red feels on fire, my body can hardly move, (and I thought I was sore/stiff before this allergy) my head is pounding, I am dizzy, and feel queasy. Somehow I managed to make it to the gym to do my UBWO, but ended up crying most of the time due to my body's inability to do any of the things I wanted it to. I was unable to do any triceps, and thought my arms would fall off after one set of biceps (I was able to make it through to the high point...though the entire workout felt like one big high point). When I returned home after the workout, I decided to eat some icecream to settle my stomach (which did help, surprisingly). So, I guess today is considered my 'free day'.

In spite of everything, this week went by in a flash, and it feels good to have one down (almost). Already, I see a difference in my leg muscles and have lost 4 lbs. (even though I ate more than I normally do).