View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 08:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Thumbelina--
I can only speak for myself, but Atkins is a way of life for anyone seeking improvement. As a person who is 'regular sized' I began Atkins because my cholesterol was nearly 300 and I had unhealthy eating habits. However, Atkins has helped me develop healthier eating habits, understand my body better, and has greatly improved my cholesterol levels.

On a forum like this, I think it is especially important to remember that each person is here for a different reason, even the "skinny people". Since no one is presenting themself as a medical physician I see absolutely no harm in communicating with each other, sharing tips, anecdotes, and advice....no matter what the person's weight or goals. Sometimes I also have to remind myself of the tired cliche: To each his own. But only because there is a lot of truth in that belief.

Again, as for myself, I am just 5 feet tall and don't feel embarassed asking for help to make my goals both physically and in some ways mentally. I have spoken to my general practitioner about my goals, health, and diet. I use this forum as a place to connect with people making the same changes in their lives and to share an experience common to us all~no matter what our weight may be. I rarely look at a person's stats because I do not want to judge them and would feel uncomfortable doing so.

Using this forum I feel lucky to have connected to many people struggling with the same issues as myself. I make it a point to not judge them, but be there for them as a friend. Many of the "skinny people" struggle with high cholesterol, binging, and eating disorders that they are working hard to recover from using this way of life. I think it is sad to even make a general statement lumping a group of people together as "skinny people" when we are all working towards a goal of some kind. I hope that this forum continues to offer unconditional support for anyone who wants it because that is what it is supposed to be about.

Anyways, we are all entitled to our opinions. I just think it would be sad if people felt judged in a support forum...no matter what their goals.

Jenn