Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 22:55
Registered Member

Plan: My own version of Atkins
Stats: 252/135/150 Female 65 Inches
BF:
Progress: 115%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenamac
I thought my craving was over after that, but it came back again 10 mins later and I ran (literally! ) to the shop, bought a whole packet of maryland biscuits and two chocolate bars and stuffed down the lot. I feel so hyper now (As you may tell!) because of the sugar rush, but I know I will feel sleepy in about half an hour and then sad. I just don't know what to do!

I'm on day six of induction and I've lost 8 pounds. I could have NEVER done it without Chocolate. Some people can't do the Splenda type products during induction but it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

I discovered Endulge products. Oh my, heaven in a wrapper. They are crunchy cookies, mint, Chocolate, Chocolate Cream, and then Chocolate pieces in the other. They are 4 net carbs. The cookies are the type you would never know they are splenda vs. sugar. They kill my sweet/Chocolate cravings. Honestly, if it weren't for those I don't think I could do it. It also happens to have a gram of fiber too.

Also, I bought some fudge bars (freezer type) and they also have four net carbs. I would never know it was fake sugar if I didn't know beforehand. They are wonderful. Look for foods that will kill your cravings yet are Atkins friendly.

You might have to change a few of your plans too. Example, tonight I was supposed to go to dinner with friends. I felt like crap, had a mega headache, I just didn't want to screw with Atkins. I realized if I went out tonight I would blow my diet. I'm not risking my 8 pounds for one evening, it just isn't worth it to me. Perhaps I'll go tomorrow night but tonight would have been a bad move.

When people invite you to dinner explain to them that you are on a low carb diet. If their menu won't fit your diet, don't go.

Probably not what you want to hear but that's what I have to offer.