View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Ladybelle I agree with you wholeheartedly!!!

I see alot of parents talk about that on here and other places. "Well they are a growing boy with a high metabolism. I don't see why I should limit junk food since they don't have a problem"

Yes they don't have a problem now, but the eating habits instilled now will stay with them for life. It will be much easier for them at 40 whem metabolism slows if they are already eating a balanced diet instead of suddenly having to change the whole way they eat.

I'm low carbing my three little ones (5,3, and 2). While I'm not cutting out things like fruit, and milk, I'm limiting it. I'm also taking all sugar out and using Splenda to sweeten things. I am also making it a point (as they start to learn to cook) to teach them that low carb is the "normal" way to cook. I figure if they never know any different, they will grow up to eat healthy. I feel this is important. They are not in any way fat, I just want them to learn right, now. I wish my mother had known what I know now....maybe I wouldn't be here going through this.