View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 17:45

Plan: Atkins OWL 30g
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 66"
BF:?/18%/15%
Progress: 60%

Hi Leenie -- I wish I could help you. It seems to me that the board is filled with people who are trying to up their calories -- not me. I'm eating on average about 2000 calories per day. I don't think I'm overeating -- it's just what my body tells me I want to eat. On a typical day I might have:

B: 2 eggs scrambled in 1 tsp. butter and 1/2 oz. cheese, a starbucks 12 oz. decaf with splenda and 2 T half and half
L: Mock Potato Salad (made with cauliflower) and some hot wings
Snack: an ounce of smoked almonds and a diet rite raspberry soda
Dinner: an 8 ounce steak and a tossed salad with a bit of tomato, cucumber and onion, and 2 T caesar dressing
Dessert: 2 sugar free jellos with 1/4 cup homemade whipped cream (made with splenda)

To me this doesn't sound like pigging out, but when I tally up the calories it's at or near 2000. To be honest, I don't know how people stay under 2000 -- I wish I could. I am losing weight, but at a snail's pace. Apparently I should be limiting calories to about 1400 to lose weight, but there is just NO WAY I could eat that little and stay satisfied. It's a conundrum for me -- whether I should try to cut my calories and feel deprived (which is one of the reasons I went on Atkins to begin with -- I wanted something I could live with long term rather than a deprivation diet) or just eat what I feel like eating LC wise, within reason, and see what happens.