View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 16:05

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Unhappy IT happened to me today... (warning: candy mentioned)

Well IT happened to me today...I've heard others talking about it...and knew it would happen to me SOME time...but I didn't expect it to come from the person it came from....

So I'm standing on the Easter candy isle at Wal-Mart looking for the sugar free candy I saw at the other Wal-Mart to buy for my ds who is lc-ing. All I've found so far is sf choco eggs and jelly beans...I'm thinking there was more...so I ask the lady working the isle..."Do you have any more sugar free candy here that I'm missing?" So we walk down the isle a ways and another woman comes up and says that she's looking for sf candy too, she's buying for a diabetic. About this time I notice down on the bottom shelf RS low carb choco covered marshmallow eggs. So I exclaim..."LOW CARB chocolate covered eggs! Yeah!"

The woman gives me a scornful look and very hatefully says..."Low carb...those people are SUCH liars!!!" I was flabergasted. I said, well, I've lost almost 60 lbs. on a low carb diet." She says, hatefully again, "Well, I'm a nurse and they're liars. Sure hope you have good kidneys." I stood up from my kneeling position and said, "Well, I've been doing this a year and I've lost about 60 lbs and I feel great," as I twirled around to show myself off.

What I wanted to do was shake the woman hard and slap her face and say WAKE UP!!! You see, this woman was at least 100 lbs. over weight!!! But I didn't....I just showed her the sf Hershey's eggs I had found earlier.

The funny thing is how upset I got over it...I was shaking. I wasn't mad, I just couldn't believe she had the nerve to be so HATEFUL to someone she doesn't even know who obviously could have been helpful to her. But that's okay...before I left the store I WAS able to give tips to 2 other people! I love shopping and LOOK for opportunities to tell my story and encourage others to give it a try. Hopefully today's experience will be few and far between!

<sigh>

Anyhoo...I ended up finding:
RS sf chocolate bunny (bought for ds)
RS sf chocolate mini eggs (bought for ds)
RS sf chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (bought for ds)
Hershey's sf chocolate mini eggs (more expensive than RS)
RS sf jelly beans (ds doesn't really like jelly beans)

That's it...though I'm thankful! And excited for ds. I could swear they had sf peanut butter eggs at the other Wal-Mart. And I wish Cadbury would make their eggs sf....I'm not sure HOW I'm going to get through Easter without one!!!
Sponsored Links