View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 14:09

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Darn you, Wendy!

Since you posted this, it has got me thinking. I've been neglecting my work and instead going through and reading all the CAD posts. It sounds intriguing. I don't know if I accept the notion that your body "remembers" the amount of insulin it had to produce at your first two meals of the day and then "prepares" only that amount for the next meal.

I'd be curious to see someone actually test their blood sugar after each of the first two restricted meals, and then again after the reward meal.

I'm trying to be open-minded here, but I'm skeptical. On the other hand, it certainly seems to work for a lot of people.

Like you, I am sick to death of planning all my meals ahead of time, counting not only carbs, but calories now also, and trying to keep the fat percentage up enough to "qualify" for the Atkins recommendations.

My breakfast and lunch are typically somewhat restricted, and I have snacks only once in a while. For example, here's what I had today so far:
Breakfast: 3 Tbsp flaxseeds with 1 pat butter and 2 Tbsp heavy cream

Lunch: 4 ounces lean pork, 1 Tbsp cream sauce, 3 cups Romaine/spinach, 3 Tbsp caesar dressing, 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
I don't know how that would fit in with CAD guidelines. I'm more than half tempted to buy the book and read up on it. If nothing else, I'll be learning more about low-carb lifestyles. Maybe tomorrow at lunchtime.

I'll keep checking the CAD forum. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. I like to look at people's experiences who are in the same ballpark weight-wise and height-wise as I am. I think it gives a better indication of how it might work for me.