View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 12:46

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Frankly, I like SF bubbly drinks because those little bubbles make me feel full!

I know, it has the same effect on me. But so does mineral water, and it can be a good source of magnesium which is something we don't get enough of.

I rather avoid those articifical sugars, and the chemicals in soda myself.

And I believe kids need them even less than we do.

As for Fast Food, it ranks as Evil No 2 in my book. That stuff is poison. In my example above I was refering to the "traditional" BigMac, fries and coke combo. Maybe some people can actually not gain weight from eating it everyday, but even then, all those refined carbs, chemicals, sodium, sugar, trans-fat and God knows what else they put in there just can't be good for you. I wouldn't even eat a low-carb meal there. I just don't trust MacDonald (or any big fast food franchise). The food is factory made and is a veritable chemical cocktail.

Quote:
Also, unlike the Cheeseburger, a Cola provides ZERO Satiation and ZERO Nutritional Value. My personal opinion is that if we could somehow get everyone to give up All Cola tomorrow, that Obesity rates would decrease significantly. There are a good portion of Obese persons, who could lose weight simply by giving up their Sodas, because there are so many out there who drink 1/2 Gallon (800 kcal) to 1 Gallon (1,600 kcal) a day.

I agree 110 percent