View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 12:18
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Another note.....your metabolism is a machine so to speak (one of precise chemical reactions). The idea of spreading your carbs evenly throughout the day makes. sense. Think of your body as a car. A car's engine runs smoothly when there's enough fuel for it , right? Well imagine your "car" if you put a bit of fuel in the morning, nothing in the afternoon, and then a ton a night. It wouldn't run very smoothly, it might even stop completely if it runs out. I think that is one reason why the "processed" type foods are worse for you, most of them have lots of carbs. I mean you could probably still have chips say....but the rest of the day you'll have to have only meat.

I don't think your body is so simple that it can't compensate and adjust a bit, but if you are taking most of your carbs in at one meal, you may stall even if your under 20 g. That's one reason why little meals several times a day are best for your metabolism. Food is fuel....it keeps your metabolism working when you keep feeding it. Just make sure that frequent feedings don't mean too big of feedings.....cause calories do matter. If you don't drive off your fuel (exercise) than there's left overs at the end of the day....and we end up holding it all in our tanks don't we????