Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 12:04
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc48510
My personal opinion is that if we could somehow get everyone to give up All Cola tomorrow, that Obesity rates would decrease significantly. There are a good portion of Obese persons, who could lose weight simply by giving up their Sodas, because there are so many out there who drink 1/2 Gallon (800 kcal) to 1 Gallon (1,600 kcal) a day.

One thing that always kind of disturbs me is that most everyone considers Cola evil. Not all sodas are evil, some are quite neutral. I.e. the sugar free variety. (Discussion about the rumours of artificial sweetners aside). So when I hear about schools banning soda sales it irritates me because I know they're banning the sugar free ones too. Frankly, I like SF bubbly drinks because those little bubbles make me feel full!

I think there is a lot of blame to be put on the door step of fruit juices and fruit drinks as well. Face it, it's like 10% fruit and the rest is water and HFCS. And people drink it like crazy because it is non-fat and all those crazy nutritionists are pushing it like mad.