Thread: advice needed
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Dawnie, the great news is you know you have to get back on this WOL, the hard part is doing it. I can tell you from experience that it is one of the hardest things you will ever do.

I was on Atkin's about 3 years ago and lost almost 100 pounds, I let myself cheat once and it took me over 3 years to get back on track. One thing I can tell you for sure is that waiting will not make it easier and you may continue to gain. If you remember back to the way you felt on this WOE, I am sure you will recall that after the first 2-3 days, you finally had control over your appetite, which is something I never had until this WOE. I will tell you what I did to get back on track:

1. I filled my fridge with lc food, and threw out anything that would tempt me. Everyone in my house was on LC for the first 3 days til I got into ketosis and had control.

2. I pre-made handy lc snacks like lunch meat and cheese rolled together, I fried up chicken wings, pork chops, steak, cut cheese and bagged it in separate ziploc bags so it was at my disposal.

3. I told everyone in my household my plan and told them I really needed their support to get through the hardest time (first few days.)

4. I told myself when the cravings hit that I was not going to give in to them. I spoke out loud to them and must have looked crazy but it worked. Everytime I would get a craving, I would run to the fridge and grab some of the LC food I prepared in the baggies and a large glass of water and told myself, "Today is the only day I have to do this." The next day I told myself the same thing.

You CAN do this! You did it before and you CAN do it again. Get some pictures of the "old" you out (before you lost weight) and tape them up all over the house, especially on the fridge. Write notes and hang above the pics that say, "This is what I will look like again if I touch carbs today." Get positive, get motivated, come here for support. It will only get easier as the hours and days go by.