BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: introduction

Quote:
Originally posted by josieclark
I've been on nil carbs for over a week and not lost any weight

I've been eating white fish (poached) chicken and eggs and cheese

Although I've lost no weight I feel very well on this diet

I teach IT skills and work very long hours - I'm very unfit I could do with some exercise

Welcome, Josie, glad to see you found "Introductions" ok

As Fiona has said, it is possible you're not eating enough. At 190 you should be getting 10 times your body weight in calories each day. I realize Dr. Atkins advises not counting calories, but undereating is a cause for lack of loss. Poaches fish and chicken are great, you should be adding some fat though, eat the skin on the chiken, fry that fish in butter, throw some cheese on it, use lots of olive oil and mayonnaise. Make sure you're drinking your water (64 oz - 8 glasses, and an extra glass for every 25 lbs you want to lose) and having fewer smaller meals throughout the day is actually better than just 3. Snacking is ok

Exercise will help; you don't have to run a marathon Every little bit will do you good. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk to the corner store instead of driving, if you can find the time try some resistance work; In their book "Protein Power" the Eades actually suggest that if you're going to do only one kind of exercise make it resistance training/ lifting weights. This WOE makes muscle building quite easy, the increased protein and decreased carbs encourage the building of lean muscle mass. Lean muscle mass will burn more calories and increase your metabolism. It will do so even w hile you're sleeping!

Starting a Journal in the "bootcamp / Journal" section of the forum would be a good idea. You can keep track of your food and exercise and we can all give advice if we notice you're having problems. It will also help you keep yourself motivated and focussed.

If you'd like to keep better track of just what and how much you're eating I suggest Fitday .com. It's a free website where you can track your weight loss, daily menus and activities. Many of us use it.

Best of luck to you!
Nat