#10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 04:54
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

Wooo -

I just looked at your Fitday. Could your current carb intake be triggering some water retention as well as some generalized stress?

The reason I ask is because your post sounds like my past week. I've been stalled out (again) but actually had a genuine woosh today.

I've been pretty concerned about a whole week at 194.5 to 195.5, especially considering I've been losing 2.25 lbs per week like clockwork since I started using Fitday PC on Feb 2. I've still got my regular 1200 to 1300 per day calorie deficit, so this stall just made no sense from a calorie standpoint. Fitday PC also has a mood log, and I usually run energetic, cheerful, calm, not hungry, etc - but since last Friday I've had some stress days, hungry ones, and worn out feeling ones. Not typical at all for me.

They've got a nutrient over time chart, and I pulled up both Carb and carb minus fiber graphs. They weren't up much (75 grams vs 55 for carb minus fiber), but when I printed up my weight chart for the same time you could see there was a relationship. Tuesday I had 35 net carbs and dropped .5 lbs. Yesterday I had 55 and dropped 2 lbs (I never drop like that.) I'm sure it is water, but I think it was retained water connected to somewhat higher carbs. I'm going to keep my net carbs under 60 for the next week, and expect I'll get back to steady weight loss. Hunger is back under control as well, and energy is up.

You might want to pull your Fitday carb data and graph it over time to see if you've had an increase that isn't readily apparent when you look at it on a day to day basis. If you don't have Fitday PC, you might want to look at the screen shots to see if it could give you another edge in your weight loss. With as much as you've lost (hooray!) and as close as you are to your goal (double hooray!) you've solved all of your big weight loss issues. Identifying and solving the tiny ones can be REALLY challenging!

Good luck!

Lynda