View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 20:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/126/120 Female 164
BF:
Progress: 82%

Isnt that great that there are many here that are truly informed and can start to educate their peer and the public in a professional capacity. Its proving things work by the way you live as well as being able to back it up with some more detailed and informed arguments, not just media hype.

Nurses more than any I think can and should have an impact on the way the general public perceive this way of life, I find folk listen more to nurses because they have more of a relationship with them than to doctors who have lost a lot of trust since the old days (not all ofcourse, just talking about a general trend, as evidenced by ever increading litigation). For all you just starting or in process of doing a nursing course- this is just brilliant, the very best to you, it is a noble profession and one that has huge world shortages at the moment.

I do wonder if this is actually one of the problems with the medical world's hesitancy to embrace something like low carb - without that randomised, controlled, large scale double blinded multicentre study..with reproducible results that still does not exist, would they accept anything new...it seems we have defeated ourselves in that the fear of being sued unfairly or for trying something new and different means that it is hard now to make the kind of progress needed in this field - I'm sure a lot of the medical warnings are borne out of fear not so much of the unknown but of reprisals from anything that could be misconstrued as a complication...have more to say, but wont...just my $0.02 worth.