View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I can't believe I'm doing this!!!! I'm actually going to quote Dr. Phil ( I personally can't stand the man) but on this he is right. If you find yourself unable to control yourself in certain situations, the only way to stop it is to stop putting yourself in those situations. You may have to take a hiatus from certain friends, or certain things if weight loss means enough to you. I know it sounds horrible, but you have to decide what is more important to you personally.

Getting through induction is only two weeks of your time, and then you can incorporate things like alcohol (hard liquor doesn't have carbs....but watch what you mix with it as that stuff can have carbs). You may have to give up certain foods for a while that you love ( I'm sure after you have lost and your carbs are slowly increased to maintenance level you will be able to include some of the items you like back in your diet). Or you may consider (don't get mad at me Atkin's dieters) changing your diet plan to Carbohydrate Addicts. They allow a reward meal, that when done by the rules, allows you to include bad carbs in your diet. If you aren't willing to give up the parties, then it too is a healthy diet that can help you reach your goals.

But no diet, no matter how good it is, will work until you are ready for it to. You have to give yourself totally to these "diets". I hate that word, because really they are a new way of eating. Atkin's clearly explains that you will not keep your weight off if you return anywhere close to your normal eating habits. It's all basic chemistry and biology.....you can't alter how nature works, you can only alter how you work with nature.

Good luck to you! Come to the board for support....these people are great!