View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 09:27
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Migraines run in my family unfortunately, but just in us females. FYI: Migraines are not just bad headaches, they've quite different from a normal bad bad headache and can include temporary blind spots, nausea and vomiting, numbness in the extremeties. Mine came with all the above and I suffered greatly in my 20's from them. I remember it started when I was in the 6th grade. They seem to be hormonally triggered for me, with stress sometimes triggering them. Fortunately they've gotten far more infrequent and far less disabling as I've gotten older.

So I can't say as the diet has helped me. My sister has had a few since she's been on Atkins when she was under particularly bad stress, I'll ask her if they're better.

BTW: Recent brain scans revealed that migraines do damage the brain a bit. I saw something on CNN a few months ago and thought to myself "Phew! Glad I'm not getting those any more". So if you get them a lot you might want to explore ways to prevent them with your doctor. I think they found anti-epilepsy seizure drugs helped people not get migraines.