View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: ***/***/*** Female ***
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Hello all, I'm new and happy to be here!

Hi everybody! My name is Sondra, and I'm from the beautiful Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. I'm new to the forum, but just found you today and am sooo happy that I did. I've been doing Atkins for about 7 months now and have lost about 50 pounds, but have been on a stall for almost 8 weeks or better. I think I've been overindulging in legal foods. I must admit that I've been a slacker when it comes to counting my carbs. I have no idea what my CCL is, but I have always felt that I was extremely "carb-sensitive" and couldn't handle very many at all. I have most likely been using too many convenience foods, plus I've been misled by some so-called low-carb products only to find after reading the label that one tiny little treat bar is considered to be 3 servings! What an eye opener!! I teach elementary school, and having had the success that I've experienced thus far, I know very well how much better I feel when I am eating right. I must stick with it to keep up my energy level in order to keep up with the kids! Staying with this WOE keeps me in check. My BP stays normal (with meds) on the plan, but when I was off the plan it went way high even with the meds. I hope when more of the weight comes off, I'll be able to toss the meds altogether! I've not cheated consciously even once since starting, but am going to make a more resolved effort to get back to basics and see if I can get the loss moving again. Goodness! I've rambled on & on, and this was just an introductory letter! Sorry to get so "chatty", it just feels great to be among other people who know the plight! I'll hush for now! Thanks for being here!
Sponsored Links