View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:48

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 178/178/130 Female 63
BF:More than enough!
Progress: 0%

Maggie,
1200 calories may sound a little too low for your weight. I was just told today by my trainer that I should be eating about 1200 calories to safely lose about 2lbs a week (I weigh 153lbs). That pretty much confirms how my body was feeling. I had upped the calories a few days ago because I thought I was't getting enough food, but my body was dragging. Yesterday I ate about 1200 calories & today I feel good. The other thing that I like is not eating anything past 6:00pm - I always did this in the past & I find my body likes it better also.

In terms of excercise & eating, there is a post in the exercise forum by TrainerDan that indicates that you burn more fat by doing your cardio in the morning withour having had breakfast. I am also trying it & I like it better than eating prior to cardio. Again, my body was telling me the same thing, but I wasn't listening to it. I was listening to the trainer instead - saying that I should have a little something before excercising. Of course, after cardio you should eat within an hour of having completed it.

So, bottom line, listen to your body......

Madeline