View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 08:21

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Ok, think of it this way. Is it better to eat something full of sugar that is horrible for you, or something low-carb that may not be as healthy as "natural" foods, but definitely better than full sugar treats? I think this is the first time in a long time that low carb WOE has been validated by the health community and for the first time I don't feel like I'm doing something wrong or unhealthy. And I think that the food industry is just trying to tap into this new market. And I'm pretty grateful for that, before I had to search aisles for the lowest carb bbq sauce, or ketchup. Now there are brands specifically for low carbers. So we don't even buy the high sugar stuff anymore. For my kids that aren't on a "diet" they just don't need all that sugar. It might be more expensive, but I think it's better in the long run. We buy snacks like dried fruit and nuts, instead of candy bars. I'm glad to have the OPTION of buying low carb but definitely try to keep myself in check with all of the new goodies....