View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 07:40
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

(I dont have time to read the whole thread so I appologize in advance if someone already pointed this out)

Actually your breakfast is just under 300 calories and 4 carbs, according to my calculations at least. 1 tablespoon whole flax seeds = 2 tablespoons ground; and each tablespoon has about 55 calories, 3.5 carbs and 1.5 grm fiber (2 ecc). So 3 tablespoons ground flax is just under 80 calories and 3 ecc. 1/4 cup cream is about 200 calories and 2 carbs.

As a side note, I just tried making ground grain/seed poridge for the first time. I used almond meal, sesame meal, wheat germ, and flax meal. I added a packet of splenda, a pat of butter, and a tablespoon heavy cream (plus some blueberries for the nutrients/flavor and carb countdown milk for the complete proteins... I like the idea of an adequate protein breakfast). All in all, I would say this meal is extremely filling for the relatively low calories (+/- 300). However mine had this bitter taste to it, I think from the sesame seeds. Next time I will replace sesame with walnuts and see how that works out .