View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 07:37

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

So how did I miss this post?

I'm with Acipenser on the potassium. If you feel good, don't take it. If you start getting leg cramps or restless legs at night, or feel dragged out and lousy, take some potassium. When I'm at the very lowest carb levels, I definitely need potassium. I'll take 2 tablets (99 mg each) morning and night. I'll do this for a while, and then stop it for a while.

And it's very easy to get 65 grams of protein a day. Since meat (virtually any kind, including beef, pork, poultry, and fish) has 7 grams of protein per ounce, you would need a mere 3 ounces of meat three times a day. That's not much. Or, 3/4 cup of cottage cheese is equivalent to the 3 ounces of meat. Or 2 eggs and a slice or two of bacon or ham is good.

An occasional shake is fine. I tend to be a purist and try to eat only natural foods, except in an emergency or as an occasional treat. When I'm rushed in the morning, I sometimes have a Carb Solutions vanilla shake (mix the powder with water and a little cream).

Good luck! Feel free to join us on the daily thread called "Protein Power Pals."