View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 07:00

Plan: low carb
Stats: 212/188/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default low carb forum

I think most people come to this forum because it is a low carb forum and the Bernstein/diabetes section. To me, that means they want to try the low carb diet and are not interested in or have already gone the ADA route.
We are all different with various different issues to deal with but, in general, low carb does work for 99% of us.
As far as eating too few carbs - I wish I had that problem. As my new doctor said, it is almost impossible to eat too few carbs since they are in almost everything and because most all of us crave some variety in our diets. Carb creep is more generally the problem here.
Many people on this forum are able to deal with their diabetes without meds. Some of us are not (yet!). People have to do what works for them. BUT, people have to know there are alternatives to the drugs, shots, diets recommended by some uneducated doctors. And, some people are looking for information because their doctors just do like mine (my former doc, that it) and say - you have diabetes, take 2 pills a day. He said nothing about diet, nothing about testing, nothing, nothing , nothing. Unfortunately, there are way too many doctors like that and this forum and the books we recommend to newbies can be a lifesaver.
I have never seen anyone recommend no carb.