View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 05:51

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dawn, thanks for all the info. I love when people do some research and then post it. It's a really good reminder. Every once in a while, I'll go back and read one of the books again, word for word, from front cover to back cover again. My copies of Dr. Atkins book (actually the last 2 he published) and both PP books are so worn, the binding is broken on all of them! It's about time to re-read one of the books again. I think I might read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution again this time. I've recently (in the past year) re-read both PP books, so now it's Dr. Atkins turn.

I knew the thing about water replacing the fat in the cells, but I didn't know you needed to wait 4 to 6 months. Geezum crow! I have also read that once you hit your goal weight, you need to give it several months for the fat to redistribute to its final location. There's a great post around here somewhere about the movement of fat. I'll try to find it.

Dawn, you have every right to alter your calorie intake, but why do you say this isn't working for you? You're almost off insulin! YOU ARE MY HERO! Losing pounds is one thing, but getting off medication for a very serious medical condition is so much better! As I said before, maybe your body needs to concentrate on healing itself first before turning to fat loss. And who knows? According to your quotation, you may already have lost a lot of fat, but it won't show up for a while.

But by all means, alter your calories if you like. Just be sure to give your body time to adjust to the change.

I also really liked your quotation regarding the fact that now that you've gotten rid of the carbs in your body, all the foods that you really have an intolerance for suddenly come to light. Some carby foods I can "get away" with eating once in a while. Pasta is something I must avoid. Every once in a while, I'll have a spoonful of Mac & Cheese or Alfredo noodles, and my stomach will start rumbling immediately. I'll get bloated and gassy immediately. So, I stay away from pasta like the plague. You do tend to be much more aware of what certain foods do to you. Some give you energy, some give you gas!