View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 19:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/246.5/230 Male 74 inches
BF:??/19/12
Progress: 73%
Smile In case you didn't know...

Sorry Paul, I was trying to help you without pointing out the very obvious.

You must have insulin to live, as you must have blood glucose to live. Something else that is obvious is that "too much of anything is no good". This is the same reason the Type 1 (those who make no or very little insulin) must inject their insulin daily. However, I wasn't trying to cover all bases or trying to write a book on diabetes.

You know what too much blood glucose is called which is diabetes either Type I or Type II. Type I, which is what Eve has, requires you to inject insulin. Type II's usually have way too much insulin already, and can't use very well what they have, thus, adding more insulin they can't use very well is not the be course of treatment in the opinion of my doctor as well as countless others. This is why that insulin sensitizers (Glucaphage, Actos, Avandia, and others) were invented and work the best to control T2 with low probability of lows blood glucose.

Apparently, I have offended others by not proposing that you immediately add extra insulin to your regime. After all, you will die without it. Sadly, that is one ideology of treatment that some doctors use, especially with the elderly. So take that for what it worth.

Good luck to you Paul, I wish we didn't have controversy on every thread.
wsgts