View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 19:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hi Maggie...
I typically don't use fitday so I can't give you my breakdown in percentages like some people do with their fat, carbs, and calories, but I can try it out for today. The one thing I always count still is carbs, I know a lot of people on this forum would disagree with my carb intake, but typically I take in anywhere from 10-16 net carbs per day. I know that sounds low, but it works for me. OK...I'm going to fitday to check out my calories...hang on !

I'm back and I plugged my day today into fitday. I had 11 net carbs today, 1120 calories, and 50 grams of fat. I'm actually surprised at how high my fat intake is, but this does work for me. I eat pretty much the same things everyday...so this is my typical day :
Coffee w/1T. cream & 1 splenda
Supplements: Centrum, Calcium, essential oils, green tea extract, fibercon, vitamin e, dieter's advantage
Exercise
Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 slice muenster cheese
1 medium portabello mushroom
Lunch:
1 Chicken Breast cut up and mixed with 2 tsp. mayo
Snack:
Nitrate Free Sandwich Meat
Dinner:
Steak or Chicken or Salmon with 1-2 cups of veggies
Sugar Free Jell-O

Other than the coffee I only drink water, obviously I do vary it, but after about a month of struggling I found that my workouts had improved. I run a lot...maybe 6 times a week (I want to run a marathon), use free weights 2-3 times a week, and take Bikram Yoga 4 times a week. I think your body just needs time to adjust to itself after cutting carbs.
Jenn