View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 19:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm sure that its not professional, but all I do is grind (my food processor does this fine) some almonds to a meal-like consistency (before they turn into an almond butter) then I spread this on the bottom of the pie pan before I fill it w/cheesecake filling. They stick really well to the cheesecake--probably because of the oil from the almonds. I have been known to mix some cinnamon or cocoa powder into the nut meal before putting it in the pan. Then I just make my cheesecake (cheesecake made w/AS of course)

I'm planning to experiment more with nut meals and flours since I'm making this a WOL. The main diff is that meals still have the oils from the nuts included and nut flours are made from what is left after oil is extracted from the nut. I have no idea how you'd make nut flours at home, but I've found a couple places on the Web you can buy them--I haven't bought any yet. Before, when I did this WOE, I pretty much made due w/what I could make or think up (except AS and Low Carb Bars). But this forum has given me tons of ideas and new ingredients to play with