View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 18:57

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Holly and Kathie

Good for both of you for *discovering* low carb!

I strongly suggest that you read up on the different low carb plans and choose one that suits your personality and low carb *sensitivities*. At the very least, you will be able to modify what you are doing now and then be able to structure your plan according to your goals etc.

The good thing about following an established plan is that you will be able to make the transition to a maintenance WOE once you have reached goal and reduce the possibility of falling into old habits and gaining back all the weight you lost.

I'm an Atkid (Atkins follower) and the Atkins WOE starts you out at 20 g carb max for the first 2 weeks, plus no caffein, alcohol and no low-carb commercial products. The carbs you eat should be the *good* variety, from green veggies (green beans, broccoli, asparagus and romain lettuce) or cauliflower. Cheese in moderation, eggs and meat (except liver), fish, poultry and cream and butter.

Once thru the 2 weeks, you add 5 g carb daily per week until you stop losing weight - then you know how many g carbs you can eat in a day and maintain your weight. Drop back on the carb intake until you are losing again, and continue to goal Then return to that carb intake where you are not losing. There you be, for the rest of your life.

I have only scratched the surface on the info you need to know to succeed. Go forth and read, read, read!

Happy low carbing.