View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 17:34

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've had it now probably 5 out of the past 7 days. (As a reminder, I use 3 Tbsp ground seeds, 1/4 water, and 1/4 cup heavy cream, and then drizzle SF maple syrup over the top.)With the fat content, you'd think it would keep me going forever. About an hour or two after I eat it, I get ravenously hungry! The last couple times, though, instead of giving in and eating something, I stick it out and about 30 minutes after that the hunger goes away again. Weird.

The texture is much better when you don't nuke it, but rather heat the water/cream separately and then pour it over the top.

This morning I put a pat of butter on top, and then spooned some Brown Sugar Twin over the top. REALLY good. More like the oatmeal I used to have.

BTW, my dad taught me how to make and eat oatmeal. You make it nice and thick, and then put it into a straight-sided bowl, mushing it all up against one side (this makes the island). Then you pour milk in the part of the bowl without the oatmeal (this is the ocean). Then you make a big depression in the island and put a huge lump of butter in it so it melts. Then keep filling the depression with brown sugar until no more dissolves. This is the lava from the volcano.

OK, but as a kid I thought this was way cool!