#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 17:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/224/125 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default One month already?!? Wow!

Well not quite..tomorrow it will be one month for me on this new way of life. I am so wonderfully surprised at how things are going and how I feel. I had always believed what I read about Atkins being unhealthy...after all we are constantly told low fat is the way to go. But I had also heard it worked and it worked well.

Now that was a huge PLUS for me. Forget if it is unhealthy, if it works, then I'll do it...I can always go to a new way of eating once I have the weight off.

So then I bought the book and read it from cover to cover. And I thought, "this makes sense!" It is not telling me I have to exclude food groups from my diet forever - only temporarily and then in moderation when I reach maintenance. And I thought "I think I can do this. This way of life sounds healthy to me." And the more I thought about it and researched it, the more excited about it I got.

I picked a date, did a lot of reading, found food recipe ideas to keep things interesting and plunged in. This site has been so helpful. It is wonderful to see people succeeding and educational to see how people deal with stalls and going off plan. And very helpful to learn what to expect over the course of things. And of course, it is so INSPIRATIONAL to see the successes big and small that occur each and every day. Another huge thing this site accomplishes is driving home the fact that this is not a diet, but rather a new way of looking at my relationship to food and what is good for me.

And I feel good. I am losing weight. I am not hungry for the most part (still having some issues with the afternoon munchies but that is working itself out) My meals have been nicer than what I had before LC.

And I get a HUGE kick out of watching those scale numbers go down every week. And then I get so excited about getting to change my pounds lost signature picture thingy.

Now, no way would I ever go around telling people how much I weigh (that number still makes me shudder...the public weight on posts here was what made me hesitate a bit and have to work up my courage to join here - I find that number so depressing)..but I am happy with things to date. I certainly see no reason why I would want to change this way of eating.

I am definitely giving this a THUMBS UP!!!

And my week 4 progress...down another 2 pounds this week (it looked closer to 3, but I am only counting 2). I'm settling in to a nice steady loss and that makes me happy. So grand total lost so far 12 pounds!

Good for me!!!!
Sponsored Links