Thread: Atkins New Bee
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 16:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 107/101/90 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress:

Hello Madpiano and others who have taken their precious time from work, family, eating, daily life etc etc etc. to reply back.

I am currently 101 lbs... US lbs that is. I am approximately five feet, zero inches. And no, I'm no aneroxic. I have very little time or patience for that activity. Plus life is too short to not be able to taste and eat food. I sometimes live to eat.

My cholesterol has jumped from 135 to 190,... over what... I'll have to check up on that. It jumped in two weeks! and yes, the blood test was performed twice and same results came up. Then it increased to 195, 201, 215, 225, and then 236, each result within two week intervals. Hmmm... odd huh.

No, my doctors are not trying to force me to lose weight, that will be a side effect of Atkins anyway. They are concerned that at this rate, I'll end up pushing up daisies sooner than other normal healthy people.

I don't know whats making it increase... maybe stress from work or classes, or something biological. All I know is that it makes me want to eat more food that makes me feel nice and warm in the inside... you know.. to fill in that big empty hole inside... doughnuts usually do the trick.

Fortunately, Atkins has helped me bring down cholesterol from 236 to 195 over an interval of 2 months.

Unfortunately, cravings for carbs and sugar and is starting to raise it again.

Nowadays I don't eat a piece or lettuce or other rabbit foods for lunch. Instead I eat a lot of poultry, fish and eggs and some veges and occasionally a steak. But regardless of what I eat, regardless of all the protein I stuff in, I still have these stupid cravings for sugar sugar sweet sugar! I know this is a sin, but I can't help it. Atkins said that cravings should decrease, but thats not what I'm going through.

I read the Atkins book and followed the guidelines... so what am I missing? Why are the cravings so damn freken persistant? I'm I doing something wrong that might have stimulated these urges? How do I end these cravings?

Sincerely,
Confused and utterly lost