#9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 15:15
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/128.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%
Default Fear of Muscle

Thanks so much for the "fear of iron" section. I feel like I'm having some minor problems dealing with body image right now... My arms, specifically my biceps, have grown more than what I'm used to seeing. Back when I started working out one of my goals was being able to do 10 straight-legged pushups. Now while I'm almost there and it feels great, I don't feel that I really look good for it. I feel like my arms look worse everytime I flex. My husband says I look fine, but I don't really believe him. And he says there is no way around it... If I want to be able to do push-ups correctly, my arms are just going to get bigger and there is no way around it.

I realize this is mostly a personal problem. I need to change my view of women that are strong. Do you know of a good media source, where I can go to try and do this?

Another thought I have had: Maybe I need to start doing more leg training to balance myself out? I've been doing squats and lunges with a pair of 10 lb dumbells, and then using the same pair of 10 lb dumbells to do curls, overhead extensions, flyes, front raises, etc... Is it possible to do an effective leg/weighted workout at home without joining a gym? Lots of questions, I know. But I feel like I need a lot of help.

Thanks!