View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:30

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

BEV - Baby is due mid september. As for hubby we couldn't be more different with what we eat. I have actually watched him devour a 5 pound bag of candybars/halloween treats in an evening. His ideal meal would be fried breaded chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing and boxed mac and cheese. Yes, all in one meal. IF it's not fried or slathered in some kind of cream/cheese sauce he doesn't want it. He doesn't like beans, tomatoes, or anything remotely green. He grew up on macdonalds and frozen dinners and eating whatever junkfood his heart desired. Unfortunaly it didn't all land on his backside like it did me. ;(

I on the other hand grew up in a house where tofu and seaweed/miso soup were common. We had two acres of garden vegetables and apple trees in our yard. My favorite dessert growing up was actually chocolate tofu pie LOL ( he said that is just sick that any parent would give that to a child ) I never had bread from a store my mom always made bread (as a child I thought this was a curse. I wanted white sliced bread like the other kids hehe...) My parents did eat meat but it was not a main corse at our house, vegetables were. We weren't allowed sweets or sugary drinks either. My whole family was always very thin until we grew up and turned to all the forbidden foods we were never allowed to eat.

It's been a real challenge learning to cook for my family. 3 of us are primarily vegetarian only eating the occasional fish. One is vegan because of severe dairy allergies. My husband is a hardcore meat eater but also the junkfood king. HE would rather have a canned veggie than a fresh one any day of the week. My daughter is right in the middle. She loves healthy foods and vegetables and eats meat. Needless to say it's been an adventure. I do try to include cheese and dairy into my menu but I can't say that I love it. Feta cheese would be the one exception which I adore but with being pregnant I have had to temporarily drop it from the menu

I do thank all of you for your replies to my thread. I was feeling so frustraited that day. It did however make me feel even worse to see that I don't have the average spousal support. Actually I was shocked. I really thought what I was going through was normal. At least I am finding some people on the boards to be my support team.

Jenn