View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%

My trainer told me I may have to up my carbs " a bit". I was at 20 when I started two weeks ago. He also said to remember any carbs I ate before my workout would be burned off so not to worry and that if I added 10 -20 carbs it shouldn't be a problem but for me to decide for myself based on how I feel.

The first week I didn't change anything and did feel pretty draggy but that just could be from not exercising for so many years!!! Not sure, but I decided to add to my normal breakfast of an egg and 3-4 slices of bacon a slice of LC bread 6 carbs plus 1/2 an orange. I go to the gym within 1/2 an hour to one hour of eating. Do my weights and 45 minutes on treadmill. WhenI come home I have a protein drink and the rest of my orange. I feel much better, not as draggy...

This has been working really well for me and I haven't gained or lost any weight. I expected not to lose any...he said I wouldn't at first and just go by measurements.Plus I have been in a stall...I am happy as long as I don't gain!......
I have read so many differing views on this question and I feel it is very much an individual thing...I amd definately continueing LCing but certainly I think modifications are in order and the more we weight lift and exercise we will need to adaot our diet....
Good luck!!!