View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:09
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

For sausage I have used jimmy dean in the frozen pack and I think it has no added sugars but I honestly cant remember since its been months since Ive used it.

If it has sugar as one of the ingredients I personally dont have a heart attack over it. If the carb count says 0 and sugar is one of the last ingredients I dont make a big fuss. I still count 0.5 to 1g though. If it starts having stuff like sugar AND dextrose and High fructose corn syrup all in one I wont touch it though.

Just spend time at the store looking and then choose the one with the least amount of extra 'stuff'

Bacon... I know applegate farms has no nitrite bacon. I know some eat the low sodium bacon. You basically need to see what your store carries and try and get one without added sugar.

Butter... The land o lakes you got is essentially margerine from what I remember. I think it has partially hydrogenated oil which is a no no. Try the regular land o lakes butter not the spreadable kind. If you want it to be spreadable maybe get a butter bell. I personally get organic butter, but thats just a personal choice.

Fresh ground beef just get at a butcher or the supermarket should have it.

If you are going to drink diet rite I suggest 2c water for every cup of diet rite as a way to keep yourself hydrated. I found that diet rite dehydrated me. Maybe try fruit 2o? Its flavored water and I drink it on occasion. Maybe try a squirt of lemon or lime in your water to liven it up some and make it easier to drink. Just make sure to count the carbs.

There are tons of threads on snacks you can have on induction. If you do a few searches you should find plenty of ideas.

My favorite is mini meatballs. I make all kinds... Chinese sweet and sour-type meatballs, Indian with curry and other spices, italian, shredded veggies mixed in, mexican etc.

String cheese, deviled eggs, olives, guacamole, homemade beef jerky, pork rinds (watch the salt) pepperoni, cheese chips (fry them on a no stick pan and then break into pieces after crispy) cucmber boats with cream cheese or egg salad, veggies with dip. Try checking out our snacks forum for other ideas.

Good luck