View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:07

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Had a very tiring week. It was my week 4 and I feel like I was running out of steam. I got all my workouts in, but every one of them felt like they took everything and more out of me, and I was so tired all week. None of this amazing energy - just dragged myself around. Not sure if I was fighting a bug - but I took my measurements on Saturday after my first full 4 weeks of BFL, and my waist was down to 36" from 37", and my thighs were 25" each from 26.5" when I started - that amazed me. But my hips were up to 41.5 from 41 - how is that possible? Chest was the same - 42". That gave me some energy - seeing results, because the scales are so up and down. I was 204 for a bit, but keep bouncing up and down from there to 207 and down and up - today was a disappointing 207 but TOM is approaching...I should learn to stay away from the scales.

Today was a good lower body workout, and I love my cardio only days - looking forward to tomorrow. I think last week was so draining because I had 2 upper body workouts - Monday and Friday - and I find them especially difficult since my upper body is quite weak. Saturday was a great cardio day, and I even got a steam in the steam room - a bit of R&R! Sticking to Atkins and not taking a free day - hope that continues to work for me.

Congrats, Arnie - I can't run with my AJ because he'd be pulling me and I'd never keep up - last time I ran with him he cut in front of me and I twisted my knee - he's a devil dog - but we have great hikes together!

Jen, sounds like you and I had a similar week. What week are you on? Is week 4 a typical "exhausted" week? I am really going to try to get my full 8 hours sleep to see if that improves - hope you can too. And I almost fell over after working out on an empty morning stomach and then not eating until 10:30 a.m. - I had to eat or I was afraid I'd pass out.

Emily, I feel for you...it's hard enough to do this without the addition of stress, and you have come so far already - only 2 more weeks - you should be proud of what you've done. You've certainly made improvements in your lifting, and 3 workouts are better than none...try to catch up on the sleep and hopefully the rest will work itself out...best of luck.

Have a great BFL week everyone!
Laura