View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 01:50
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you want to add some muscle, check out body for life. It is a nice structured program. You may need to add more protien to your diet. I know that's hard as an ex-veggie person. (If those bc pills help you lose, then maybe I should switch).

The mybodycomp I think is more accurate then most online calculators, just because it takes more measurements in. There is no way that you are at 30% unless you have some serious lean mass issues which would probably include skelital issues. The body fat scales aren't that accurate either, but can be a good tool for while you are losing weight just to see the number going down.

If you are already at 15% I would be careful not to drop lower. Women generally need 12-15% to keep menstrating. (although there is temptation to do away with that problem at times). You generally do good with getting enough calories, just make sure to maybe add some to support the new activity when you start working out.

Pilates might also help you tone your core and give you better posture which can help with confidence and a longer look.