View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 00:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Tostitos Edge tortilla chips

Hi...My son just started lc-ing with me and since he's only 8, and since he should be on maintenance levels...and since his brother, sister and dad all eat high carb, I've been buying him some lc processed foods. This week we found the new Tostitos Edge tortilla chips at Wal-Mart for $2.63 for a 6 oz bag...way better price than the lc tortilla chips I had bought at the health food store.

Brought them home and I had one bite so I could check them out and they are awesome!!! Way better than the lc tortilla chips I bought at the health food store.

They are a maintenance item, though, coming in at 6 net carbs...here's the nutrition info:

serving size 1 oz, about 12 chips
cals - 140
fat 8
sat fat - 1
trans fat - 0
cholesterol 0
sodium - 270
total carbs - 9
dietary fiber - 3
sugars - 0
protein 11

Anyhoo...really, really good...closer to the taste of a real tortilla chip than I ever thought I'd be able to eat! Will definately be a maintenance item for me...but glad to know they will be!

OH! I forgot the ingredients..which I was also impressed with, by the way:

soy protein blend (soy protein isolates and concentrates), corn, vegetable oil (contains one or more of the following: corn, soybean, or sunflower), oat fiber, and salt.

not much bad in these at all!
Sponsored Links