View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:40
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I went on vacation in December. The food wasn't as good as it would have been on a cruise, but it was fairly easy to eat low carb. I went off plan for one meal, there was an Italian restaurant and I wanted to treat myself to a pasta dinner. Then, last week I went to Paris on business. I kept to low-carb most of the time, but this was Paris for crying out loud, I figured I wasn't going to pass up everything in a place I'll probably never get to again in my life! I did have 4 desserts over the week and kept to low-carb almost all the rest of the time (save a croissant once for breakfast and bread at one meal).

I felt comfortable doing this, but I think it's up to each individual. Do you honestly think you can eat off plan and go back to your low carbing after? If in doubt, don't do it. How special is this? Is there anything on that boat that you will never see again? You need to take a hard look at it before you decide.

If you do decide to go off your WOE, you need to plan for it. How long? When will it end? A hint that works for me, the shorter the cheat, the better and easier to recover and get back on track.

Good luck, and whatever you decide, have a great time!

Valerie