Thread: Atkins New Bee
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:02

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just clicked on your profile. You are 5'0 (1.52m) ?

Assuming those numbers are really pounds, I can understand that you want to lose a bit of weight, but I do not believe that your doctor told you that you are seriously overweight. Maybe you should look into the maintenance plan ? Or a new Doctor ? (preferably one who hasn't been appointed by Kate Moss....)

Ah, sorry, just read through your post. You are a gymnast....

Now i understand. The diet will work for your cholesterol count, but only if you stick to it to the letter. No more cheats, get the low-fat/low-calorie thinking out of your head (even though it may have been drummed into it since you were a kid). No skipping meals ! One lettuce leaf is not a meal !

You probably have a lot of muscle weight, so don't compare yourself to other people by weight, use clothes sizes instead. My best friend was a Gymnast and she was told she was too fat when she didn't fit into size 4-6 (UK Size!) anymore. Swimming gives you broad shoulders which can skew Body Fat measurements in some online tables. Don't worry about that too much. You said your doc said your cholesterol was too high. What was the ratio though of good/bad ?