View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 17:27

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

supportive bf ? hmm, mine cooked fresh bread today (italian focaccia with lots of herbs and garlic), he cooks Sunday Roast and then smothers it in Gravy (the instant type with lots of modified starch...), when I come home from work, hungr and tired, he will have cooked food for him and my daughter (pasta, risotto, etc), but not for me...... My daughter insits I try her sweets by waving them in my face ("oh, I forgot. you are weird, you don't eat sweets" ), but then she is only 8....

So you are not the only one with an unsupportive family. I don't actually mind too much. I rather cook my own food anyway. At least I can be sure what is in it and not the BF thinking one spoon of flour wont hurt....And it really makes it easier for me to stay away from temptation outside the house. I am so used to not eating what is there (no matter how hungry), that I am not even noticing it anymore. Today I was here alone, didn't have breakfast (Sunday morning is always a bit of a rush here) and by 2pm I was starving. Opened the fridge. Contents: Milky Bar Puddings, Spanish Aioli, Cheese and 1 egg. In the Cupboard: Smarties, Rolos, other sweets, crisps. On the counter freshly baked bread....

I had a very quick thought regarding how easy it would be to have a slice of bread with cheese now or a packet of crisps ( I don't actually like sweets). Then I grabbed the car key and went shopping. What keeps me going, is the way my Jeans fit now. I am wearing a pair of jeans, which didn't fit at all at the end of January, I could just about do up 2 weeks ago and which sit comfortably now (ok, they are stretch jeans, but never mind....). Just the thought of them falling off me.....Bread has no chance.....